Monday, October 15, 2007

A tiny little piece of luggage

The journey begins, folks. I am en route to the good old Estados Unidos de Mexico this morning. Things are going well, thank you.

This post will be a quick one. It involves a question. Are their professional packers out there? I mean to say, can you hire someone to come over and pack your bags for a trip? This is America (well, at least it is for the the next hour--then "this" will become Mexico). So I'm guessing if you have a job you need done, there's someone out there who is taking money to do it. Where are these people? And how much are they charging? Tell me internet, tell me.

This is exactly what I needed yesterday, or frankly, for the last month. I needed someone to come over and stop me from following every one of my packing impulses.

Me: I know I already brought two vegetarian cookbooks down to Oaxaca already...but THIS one, this 10 lb. vegetarian cookbook is really my favorite. I guess I'll just pack it and...

Packer: NO! STOP! Are you insane?

This is what I needed. Instead I had just myself to consult. That means that I have a giant bag. G.I.A.N.T. It is a small nation. It has its own zip code, and embassy. Luckily Mexicana Airlines allows you to bring small nations aboard their planes. They hardly blinked at my tiny country. Frankly, though, I'm already thinking ahead to the stairs I am going to have to climb with that thing once I arrive in Oaxaca.

Oh, Professional Packer, where are you...? Where are you...?

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

I'm curious about this small nation of yours. Did you get it at R.E.I.? I went back and got the tiny blueish backpack. TINY. I wouldn't pack for Mexico in it.

Megora said...

I DID get a blue-gray backpack from REI. It was a mere 40 lbs. Not even a small village. My TravelPro SUV of suitcases is a totally different story.