Friday, December 28, 2007

A bit of Oaxaca, tourist-style

I'm fresh back from vacation. Sarah and Aaron are now safely back in Chicago, enjoying, I imagine, food without bacteria. I'll quickly blog on a bit of our visit together. Side note: I'm having a bit of a connection problem--so I'll just have to post these pictures piecemeal until I can load them a bit more quickly.

The week went by fast in Oaxaca. We trekked around the city, visiting galleries, artisan shops, museums--trying our best to eat only the BEST Oaxaca had to offer. One of our quick stop offs was at this store. I know it looks like Aaron is in line at the DMV. However, he is really waiting to pay for some red undies; that's a lingerie store. It's traditional here in México to don red underwear for New Year's Eve; they carry buena suerte.


Sarah directed us to a restaurant called La Olla, of which she had read in her handy Lonely Planet. This is a picture of her picturesque dinner, or which I cannot remember the name...Sarah? I had two tamales, one a chicken tamal in mole negro sauce, the other a tamal de chepil. Both delicious! And Aaron had the spiciest little chile relleno I'd ever tasted. He braved his way through the whole thing. And we all had a bite of the best flan we'd ever tasted.

No comments: