Monday, May 26, 2008

Guess who's coming to dinner...and breakfast?

As some of you might already know, this past week I have spent with my dear friend, Vicki. She flew in last Tuesday, all the way from far-off Portland, Oregon for a splendid, and much-needed visit. Woohoo! We've known each other since the precocious age of 8--so the last several days have been a mix of nostalgic reminiscing, late-night chats and even comfy silent moments that can only be shared by people who have know each other so well, and for so long.

I will let her retell some of our adventures in and around Oaxaca in her GUEST BLOG (coming soon to this blog near you!). But first, I will leave you with this series of Vicki eating her first homemade, right-off-the-comal taco at ItanonĂ­. It stretches the gambit from total ecstasy to down right giggles; that's how good these darn corn tortillas are.



















I am SO proud of my expert documentary photography skillZ. It's almost like a flip book, eh? Like you were there...

2 comments:

HollyKMartin said...

I remember this place! Oh man, am I glad you didn't take a bizillon pictures of me eating tacos! She looks slightly less tired than I at this eatery. Of course, this was the beginning of her trip, whereas my visit was the morning of my departure after a week of trekking around Oaxaca.

Driving around in the city yesterday I passed by a place called "Mixteco Grill" at Montrose & Ashland. Had to do a double-take to make sure I got the place name right. I'll have to pop in to see what it's like. I'll take Mom with me since she's now a well-versed Mexican foody.

Megora said...

It was pretty hard to take ANY pictures of you. You're very camera shy. Vicki makes LOVE to the camera! (:

I checked out the Mixteco Grill's menu online. They definitely have some typical food from the region; tho, a few dishes are from other states. Here's a good site with reviews:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/mixteco-grill-chicago#hrid:vqfCdV-eQft8fKMwnJnVkw

Sounds like some of the Frontera Grill staff have ended up at this place--and for a fraction of the price, it seems. Let me know how it tastes!