Friday, May 30, 2008

What's the Deal?

My faithful and handsome readers--I am sorry to have left you so unattended in these last weeks. It's been work. It's been the sad parting of friends. It's been my own malaise. But I'm back! I hope you're back. So let's get rolling...




First, what you missed:

Two dear friends of mine departed from Oaxaca for good.
Josh is a fellow Fulbright Fellow working on a poetry project. Lynn is his side kick in life, as well as a poet and artist in her own right.






It was extremely sad to see them go. So much so that after their departure, I slipped into a deep state of melancholy. "I am alone," I said to myself--or you know, said to my other friends..."I am alone here." To which they answered, "What the f*ck, Megan? I'm sitting right here." Ah yes.









Here are some shots from their last night in town. We'd try to do it right.


Tubo gettin' some love.


The gang, star gazin' while I try to get a cab


Chicu and Suzanne (an American, a Canadian, both poets. How do you get these two crazy cats together? You get them to fall in luv, of course! Doesn't that sound like some blockbuster romantic comedy starring...let's say starring Sarah Polley as Suzanne and this guy as Chicu?)


Josh and Lynn with Junko, at a performance piece that night in the old train station depot.

Dudes

More dudes (Gustavo and Josh)


Goodbye, guys!

These images brought to you by Lynn. She has an amazing eye. Check out her flickr account here.

No comments: