Wednesday, May 14, 2008

RAIN!

It has rained! At last we have a night where we don't have to simmer in the evening steam. At last we have more than a simple drizzle that merely plasters the dust to the road. Tonight we had an honest to goodness downpour I couldn't resist inaugurating my raincoat and taking a stroll. I mean, I had to see if it was REALLY waterproof, right? Note the part of my pants that are not soaked through in the picture at left. Functioning raincoat, check!

I don't make it very far on my stroll, as the small bridge just a half block down the street was already becoming overwhelmed by the flow. I was anxious to walk all the way down to the aqueduct to see if it finally was fulfilling it's purpose of carrying water--but the road was crowded with cars, barely able to trickle down the waterlogged cobblestone street. So eventually I had to abandon my stroll, and return to the comfort of my porch to enjoy the rain. It feels good to be wet from something other than sweat.

1 comment:

HollyKMartin said...

I love rain! At least you're finally getting some relief. It's still hovering between 50 & 60 degrees here. It just can't decide if we're ready for those late spring 70 temperates yet.